Businesses across Bath and North East Somerset significantly financially impacted by the Omicron variant of Covid 19 can now apply for a one-off grant to help them meet their costs.
Bath & North East Somerset Council has been given a small, limited pot of funding from the Government to support businesses impacted by the additional restrictions imposed in December to prevent the spread of Omicron and is now inviting applications for Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG).
The grants are designed to provide discretionary support to businesses that fall outside the Omicron Hospitality & Leisure Grant scheme which opened in January.
Qualifying businesses have until Monday 28 February to apply for the new grants.
Councillor Richard Samuel, deputy leader and cabinet member for Economic Development and Resources said: “I’m delighted we are able to offer much needed additional support to businesses affected by the Omicron restrictions. However, as the funding we have available is limited, we intend to assess all applications before calculating and allocating payments. Successful applicants will receive their grant in early March.”
If you do not qualify for an Omicron Hospitality & Leisure Grant and you are a business rates payer of the premises you trade from; a one-off grant will be provided as follows:
- Up to £1,000 for businesses occupying property with a rateable value (RV) of exactly £15k or under on the date of the commencement of local restrictions or at the time of previous application.
- Up to £1,500 for businesses occupying property with an RV over £15k and less than £51k on the date of commencement of the local restrictions or at the time of previous application.
- Up to £2,000 for businesses occupying property with a RV of exactly £51k or above on the date of commencement of the local restrictions or at the time of application.
If you are not a business rates payer a one-off grant is available as follows:
- Up to £500 for a sole trader, partnership, or other business with no employees.
- Up to £1,000 for businesses with 1 to 9 employees.
- Up to £1,500 for businesses with 10 to 49 employees.
Please note: these are ‘up to’ grant awards and will be impacted by the number of eligible applications the council receives. These figures are the maximum amount that may be awarded, and the actual grant given may be significantly lower.
The council has updated its policy for eligibility and the maximum amount of grant payable on its website.
More information and an application form are available on the council’s website: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-information-and-advice/help-businesses