Thousands of tickets to shows and events across Bath and Bristol will be discounted for 24 hours only tomorrow (Thursday 5 September).
The Culture Flash Sale returns to the region from 10am tomorrow until 10am on Friday 6 September, with tickets slashed for shows, events, exhibitions, workshops, gigs, talks and plays from over 30 arts organisations and venues.
The 11th edition of the flash sale is the biggest yet, spanning the two cities. Co-ordinated by the Bristol Arts Marketing Network in co-operation with Arts Marketing Bath, Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations Project, Visit Bristol and Visit Bath.
As an iconic figure in the region, Mr Brunel has even jumped on board as an ambassador for the sale – popping up across Bristol and Bath to promote the offer.
The initiative aims to stimulate interest and sales in cultural events across the region and encourage people to take a punt on something new while grabbing a bargain and beating the end of the summer holiday blues.
A full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at http://www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale. All the deals are also listed on http://www.visitbath.co.uk and http://www.gobathbristol.com. Keep up with the latest on the day using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale on Twitter.
- Bath Festivals – a whopping 50% off limited number of tickets to events including The World of Judith Kerr, Konnie Huq and Chris Ryan, plus 20% off all Bath Children’s Literature Festival events.
- Fashion Museum Bath – £35.50 tickets to the Jane Austen Fashion Tea, normally priced £45
- The Edge – Free book and popcorn when booking for The Little Prince Show and Workshop, plus £10 off Life Drawing Evening Course
- Bath Spa Productions – 50% off all shows in the autumn season
- Theatre Royal Bath – Save up to £10 and get the best seats for £25 to Posh starring Tyger Drew-Honey
- Rondo Theatre – 25% off tickets to seven events including Maisie Adam: Hang Fire, Trick or Tease: The Halloween Burlesque and My Father the Tantric Masseur
- Wiltshire Music Centre – 50% off 20 shows including Alex Hitchcock Quartet, Royal Ballet’s Nutcracker and London Sinfonietta’s Family Concert
- Komedia – 2-4-1 tickets to Sh*t-Faced Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Sindhu Vee and Trevor Nelson’s Soul Nation plus a host of other deals
- Bath Box Office – A whole heap of great offers, see the website for details
- American Museum and Gardens – six free tickets to Garden Grooves up for grabs
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain – 10% off The Sleepy Ship tickets at Brunel’s SS Great Britain in September and October. Spend the night on board the ship, experience the night sky in a planetarium and hear stories from the Captain!
- We The Curious– 20% off tickets to Planetarium Nights adult planetarium show and Planetarium Sounds: In the Steps of Apollo 3D
- Tobacco Factory Theatres – Fantastic discounts and up to 25% off on tickets for a range of productions and events at Tobacco Factory Theatres, including offers on Opera Project’s The Barber of Seville and Christmas fairy tale, Snow White.
- Colston Hall – 30% off over 20 Colston Hall Presents shows at venues across the city including contemporary dance piece Puzzlecreature, and bands including The Album Leaf, KOKOKO! and Sinkane
- Bristol Old Vic – 20% off tickets to selected shows including A Christmas Carol, Pride and Prejudice* (*sort of) and Reasons To Stay Alive
- St George’s Bristol – 25% off over 40 events including legendary guitarist John Williams with his Six Hands Trio, rising star of British Jazz Elliott Galvin, Bristol Keyboard Festival events and the Brodsky Quartet with 2012 BBC Young Musician winner Laura Van der Heijden.
- Bristol Hippodrome – £20 tickets to Dick Whittington Pantomime on selected dates
- Aerospace Bristol – 30% off Supersonic: The Design and Lifestyle of Concord, with leading Concord designers Lawrence Azerrad and Sebastian Conran
- Bristol SU Live, Anson Rooms – Save £3 with a £10 ticket to Dan Cruickshank: A History of Architecture in 100 Buildings and £2 off tickets to stand-up comedy show Basile: The Greek Spice Boy Cometh
- Knowle West Media Centre – Get crafty with 10% off sessions to learn how to make your own laser-cut jewellery, plus book a £5 ticket for We Can Make Chat Show: Live and get a free set limited edition set of art postcards
- Spike Island – Exhibition preview and Prosecco for £1 on 27 September, plus 25% off exhibition catalogues and artists’ books
- Arnolfini – 25% off selected Arnolfini events. Expect fiery feminist performance, brain-stretching artist talks, and creative workshops (for those who like to get their hands dirty!).
- Arnos Vale Cemetery – Up to £2 off tickets to six events including Harold and Maude indoor film screening, The Witching Hour by Don’t Go Into the Cellar and What We Do in the Shadows outdoor film screening
- In Between Time – 10% off passes to the In Between Time Summit – a new kind of gathering to imagine a better future through art, plus £5 off tickets to Summit events UNWANTED and SINGLET
- Bristol Festival of Ideas – 50% off talks including Susan Neiman – Confronting Race and the Memory of Evil, Lewis Hyde – A Primer for Forgetting: Getting Past the Past and Hazel Carby – Imperial Intimacies: A Tale of Two Islands
- RWA – 50% off standard admission to the 167th Annual Open Exhibition and the exhibition’s Tuesday Tour, plus 10% off workshops including Portraits in Oil, Drawing the Coast, and a host of other offers
- Bristol Museum and Art Gallery – 30% off adult tickets to the Natural Selection exhibition finale and the Natural Selection exhibition catalogue
- M Shed – 30% off adult tickets to Aardman: Animating Early Man exhibition
- The Bristol Improv Theatre – 25% off This Is Your Musical, 30% off Bish Bosh Bash and 30% off Murder, She Didn’t Fright plus more
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School – 20% off tickets to Earthquakes in London, performed in Bristol Old Vic’s Weston Studio
- Redgrave Theatre – Up to 25% off tickets to shows including Movie Concert: Koyaanisqatsi, ABBA: I Have a Dream and £15 tickets to Jay Rayner: My Last Supper
- Insane Root Theatre Company – £3 off limited number of tickets to Rumpelstiltskin at The New Room
- Natural Theatre Company – 10% off Natural Theatre Adult School Classes led by industry professionals
- The New Room, John Wesley’s Chapel – 2-4-1 tickets to Jane Duffus Talk: Even More Women Who Built Bristol, plus 25% off Folk at The New Room shows from Alden Patterson + Dashwood and Dana+ Susan Robinson
- 1532 Performing Arts Venue – £2 off tickets to poetry event I Wish I Was a Mountain and the superhero-fantasy-epic theatre show Nightshifter
- Royal Photographic Society – Deals on five exhibitions and events, including 25% off Last Stop Coney Island: The life and photography of Harold Feinstein and Director Q+A.
For a full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at http://www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale. All the deals are also listed on http://www.visitbath.co.uk and http://www.gobathbristol.com. Keep up with the latest on the day using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale on Twitter.
The 24-hour Culture Flash Sale takes place for 24 hours only from 10am on Thursday 5 September until 10am on Friday 6 September 2019. Offers are limited – once they’re gone, they’re gone – so act fast.
The initiative is co-ordinated by the Bristol Arts Marketing Network and Arts Marketing Bath in co-operation with Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations Project, Visit Bristol and Visit Bath.