Volunteers are being encouraged to take up two vacancies on Bath City Forum to speak up for area and its residents.
The forum, which was set up two years ago by Bath & North East Somerset Council, aims to improve engagement with residents, businesses and other organisations and to address specific city-wide issues and priorities.
There are currently two vacancies for co-opted members to join the forum, which meets six times a year.
Chair of the Bath City Forum, Councillor Colin Blackburn (Westmoreland) said: “There are presently two vacancies for co-opted members to join the forum. Being a member of the forum is an opportunity to feed into council the views of the city of Bath. The forum acts as an advisory and consultative body to focus on specific issues affecting the city with the aim of making the city a better place to live and work.”
As well as elected councillors from the Bath wards on Bath and North East Somerset Council, the forum co-opts up to 13 members and who have voting rights on the forum.
It meets every two months with extra events and working groups as agreed by the forum. And it works with relevant cabinet members and officers on all kinds of issues.
Co-opted membership of the Bath City Forum is a voluntary role where members are expected to:
- To attend and participate fully in six forum meetings a year.
- To engage in other events and working groups that may be arranged to follow up on specific actions or themes.
- Outside of meetings, to act as a conduit between the work of the forum to residents’, community and business networks.
- To collaborate with other forum members in gaining a shared understanding of issues facing the city and potential solutions.
- To take the lead on specific actions and themes determined by the forum.
- To identify areas for innovation and improvement and to work with others to help deliver agreed projects.
- To champion the city and the work of the forum.
- To participate in the work around funding allocations that the forum have delegated responsibilities for.
- To bring any specialist expertise, knowledge, experience and networks to the work of the forum.
Support will be provided to members, including induction and online resources. Co-opted membership will initially be for two years with the option to extend for an additional two years.
Co-opted members will be required to meet standards set out in relevant code of conduct, for example relating to declaration of interests.
To apply for this role, please complete and return the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 04 January 2017. Applications will be assessed by a panel from the Bath City Forum.