Bath is now on the way to getting its first organised gambling facility since John Wood Junior included a Card Room within the Upper Assembly Rooms he built between 1769 – 77.
It’ll be going up in the Saw Close as part of a major 14 million pound development which will include a new luxury hotel and two new restaurants.
Only the facade of what was once a Victorian music hall theatre will survive the demolition men.
The Virtual Museum caught up with them as they began taking down the Bath stone kiosk beside the weighbridge.
The former Regency Garage and Clinic building will also be swept away.
However, apart from this new leisure development the work will create a new piazza-type space in front of the Theatre Royal.