Bath Recycling Centre will go back to a full seven days a week service from July 27 on an appointment-only basis, for vehicles under five metres in length.
Residents will now be able to select a time slot on any day of the week by visiting https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/bath-recycling-centre.
Vans over five metres will not be able to visit Bath Recycling Centre and will be turned away if they try and access the site. Residents with vehicles over this length can use Keynsham Recycling Centre or book an appointment at the Midsomer Norton site. All other vans with a permit will be able to visit on any day but they must book a slot.
Keynsham Recycling Centre will be returning to its usual opening hours but will remain on an odd/even number plate schedule.
Textiles are now accepted at all recycling centres.
Councillor David Wood, cabinet member for Neighbourhood Services and Climate Emergency, said: “When we reopened Bath Recycling Centre this weekend we promised we would go back to a seven day a week service within two weeks, so I’m pleased we can now do so ahead of schedule. Our first weekend of reopening has gone smoothly with enough room for safe social distancing and no traffic congestion caused. Enough staff have now returned to work after shielding so we are in a position to reopen fully.
“If your van is over five metres long, please use our Keynsham or Midsomer Norton sites. Thank you once again to residents for bearing with us during this period.”
Bath Recycling Centre is open under the following terms:
- Residents make full use of kerbside services including refuse, recycling, garden waste and bulky waste collections
- vehicles which have not been booked in will be turned away from the site
- proof of booking and residency checks will be carried out
- residents will be limited to two bookings in a seven-day period to help maximise the number of households that can access the site
- visitors will be required to maintain social distancing and stay 2 metres apart from other users
- staff will not be able to assist people unloading their vehicles
- only one person should unload each vehicle unless assistance is required for a heavy item. This assistance must be provided by someone who has travelled with you
- all visitors are expected to act in a courteous manner to staff. Abuse or violence will not be tolerated, and the site maybe temporarily closed if staff feel unsafe
The number plate system currently used for access to Pixash Lane Recycling Centre will remain in use. No booking is required here. The normal opening hours from July 27 will be:
- Monday to Friday 8am – 4.15pm
- Saturday 9am – 3.45pm
- Sunday 9am – 1pm
Follow us on social media for recycling centre updates: twitter.com/bathnes facebook.com/bathnes
More information about the council’s recycling services can be found here https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/find-recycling-centre
Updates on all council services can be found at www.bathnes.gov.uk/coronavirus