The National Westminster Bank branch in Milsom Street closes on May 5th next month.
Staff will be relocating to the Old Bank branch in the High Street while NatWest look for a new central site for a new branch.
The Milsom Street branch is part of Somersetshire Buildings – five grand houses built as a speculation by city architect Thomas Baldwin in 1781-3.
The ground floor front room of number 39 is the current banking hall and has one of the finest and most delicate plaster ceilings in Bath.
Based on Josiah Wedgewood’s jasper ware, it displays husk and drapery festoons, rams’ heads, paterae, foliage and ribbons over a large circular panel.
The building is due to become a new regional restaurant for The Ivy in London’s Covent Garden.
Reblogged this on deafboyoneblog.
Comments are closed.