Bath & North East Somerset Council will be marking National Libraries Day on Saturday February 7.
Local libraries will be running a Find the Book Character Treasure Hunt for children and a literary quiz for adults – sheets will be available at all local libraries.
Library visitors will also be able to rent DVDs at half price, and reserve two items on the LibrariesWest catalogue free of charge. Those who borrow at least three physical items (books, CDs, audio books, and DVDs) or join online at http://www.librarieswest.org.uk will also be entered into a prize draw with the chance to win a Samsung Galaxy tablet, a £25 Amazon voucher and a range of bestselling books.
Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods, Cllr David Dixon, said: “National Libraries Day is a great day to celebrate everything our libraries can offer. The Council runs eight libraries and a mobile service and also supports four community libraries.”
Library members can benefit from a whole range of services including:
· Borrowing books, CDs, audio books, and DVDs.
· Online, there are free e-books and audio downloads as well as reference works, family history research material and more.
· Support for children and families including Bookstart packs, baby rhyme times and loans to pre-school groups.
· Information, advice, and courses for adult learners.
· Community activities including reading groups, writing competitions and After Hours events.
To find out more about the range of services provided by Bath & North East Somerset Council libraries visit http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/libraries-and-archives