Visitors to Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Fashion Museum can glimpse a dramatic transformation taking place later this month.
As the Museum’s highly popular “Fifty Fabulous Frocks” exhibition has finally closed, preparations will get underway for the next big show: “GEORGIANS: 18th century dress for polite society”, opening Saturday 25 January 2014.
Other display galleries will remain open and everyone can take in the following Fashion Museum exhibits at no extra charge on the Assembly Rooms ticket (£2.50 for adults or free for Discovery Card holders/ children under 16):
- Dress of the Year Displays – up to the minute fashion from top name designers
- 20th Century Fashions – day and evening wear from the 1920s through to the present day
- Menswear Displays – a selection of Georgian, late Victorian and modern menswear
- 19th Century Displays – fashionable dress throughout the 1800s on display in our Behind the Scenes Gallery
- 17th Century Embroidered Gloves – possibly the finest array of these rare and luxury treasures of the world
- Dress Up Like a Victorian – replica dress for adults and children to try on, including lace up corsets.
Normal entrance charges (£8 for adults) will be re-introduced from Saturday 25 January with the opening of the Museum’s new exhibition “GEORGIANS: 18th century dress for polite society”.
Joint saver tickets for the Roman Baths and Fashion Museum – purchased at the Roman Baths between Tuesday 31 December 2013 and Sunday 5 January 2014 – will be valid until Sunday 2 February 2014.
The Fashion Museum is open daily from 10.30am to 4pm (exit 5pm). For more information visit www.fashionmuseum.co.uk or call 01225 477789.
Residents are reminded that as both the Fashion Museum and Roman Baths are managed by Bath & North East Somerset Council; entry is free all year round to local residents on production of a Discovery Card. To find out more visit www.bathnes.gov.uk/discoverycard, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 477785.