A perfect day for painting and thankfully no wind to knock the arm of Mark Holland as he carefully fills in the incised letters originally cut by the Georgian builders of Sydney Place.
It is across the road from Sydney Gardens – and contains the house in which Jane Austen lived for some time.
The work in restoring signs like this comes under the World Heritage Site Enhancement Fund which was established in 2009 as a partnership between the World Heritage Site Steering Group, Bath and North East Somerset Council and Bath Preservation Trust.
Further into town and more memorial slabs on the move as workmen from Emery Brothers the builders continue reinstating the ledger stones on the north side of the nave of Bath Abbey.
Part of the site has now been re-opened to view and Bishop Montague’s tomb is once more re-united with its memorial floor alongside.
People are asked not to walk on the restored surface as the joints still have to be grouted.
Looks like some restoration work is getting underway around the entrance to The Corridor – an early shopping mall built in 1825 – and leading off the High Street.
While it is good to see large vehicles trying to get down Cheap Street from the High Street are going to be further restricted by another line of bollards in the process of being installed. It will provide even greater protection here for cyclists and pedestrians.