The original front entrance to Bath’s elegant Theatre Royal.
However, Anne Buchanan writes:
According to the instructions at the bottom of the first playbill when it opened in 1805 there were three entrances:
“N.B. the Carriage Entrance is in the Sawclose; and Ladies and Gentlemen are particularly requested to order their Servants to set down with their Horses’ heads towards Westgate Street and to take up with their heads towards Queen’s Square, to prevent confusion. The entrance for chairs is in Beauford Square and the entrance to the Pit and Gallery is in St. John’s Court.”